Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Night Date

Don't everybody get excited. My Friday night date is with the laundry and a glass of wine. I have to say that, after three weeks, this is not entirely unwelcome. It is my unwinding time from the week and, believe me, there is something very comforting about knowing you will have clean clothes, towels and sheets for the week.

The necessity to do laundry got me out of the office early today, by 5 p.m. (17:00 to you Swiss), only for me to come home and find that the laundry room key the building supervisor puts in my mailbox each Friday WAS NOT THERE!!! Waaaaaaa? Somebody stole the laundry room key! Fortunately, she has extras. Unfortunately, she was not going to be home for almost an hour. C'est la vie. Time to have a glass of wine and figure out what to have for dinner.

I'm going to France tomorrow for a day trip (beats Nevada, which was the only foreign day trip I could make from home). I think it's going to rain all day. But, there are worse places to spend a rainy day...hmmmm, Nevada comes to mind again....

No comments:

Post a Comment