Sunday, October 23, 2011

All is Right with the World

I ran today. After three months of moving logistics and work travel that didn't allow for a single extra hour to even look at my running shoes, the time had come to get back at it. I thought I would go for a little jog along the lake. Almost seven miles later, I was back home. Don't worry, I didn't run all of that. I stopped at one point to lean on the bridge (gasping for air) to watch the crew teams exercising on the lake. I walked through the farmer's market (where people thought I was insane because I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt while it was 1 degree C). And, sometimes I just walked so I could breathe. Three months is a long time!

But, it was so great to get back out there. It was a cool (cold?), crisp, sunny October day. Perfect for a run (or a run/walk). I ran all the way out to my new apartment. Just to make sure I still liked it. I do.

Besides the run, I did a little grocery shopping (new store!) and bought a hair dryer. Yes, that is a pretty mundane accomplishment, but all my electronics will have to be new because of the difference in voltage here. Electric adapters are for tourists.

Finally, I ended the day with a drive up onto the hill just north of me. Mostly so I could practice driving around here, get the lay of the land and take this picture (right) for all of you. I can't be sure, but I bet there is skiing up there somewhere. I've decided I have two goals for my time here in Switzerland. Neither of which has to do with the actual job that put me here, because the work stuff is a given. First goal, become conversational in French. Second, become a much better skier. I hope your Saturday was just as right with the world! A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment