Monday, October 17, 2011

Voila!

The laundry key is found! I looked for it all weekend, well, except when I was sleeping, which means I didn't actually look for it that long. But, I finally found it today. In the pocket of one of my suitcases. I have NO idea why I put it in there, but I'm sure there was some sort of blurred logic occurring that first day. Now, I have no excuse to miss my laundry appointment this Friday, thank goodness! You have no idea how relieved I am. Seriously, this has been a bit of a stressor for me!

Other (non-work) victories today...

I found out where the visitor parking is. And, I found out where the rental car return is, which will be good to know when I have to say goodbye to the Audi. I did have a shocking thought over the weekend, though. I will have to fill it up with gas, to say nothing of my own car when I get one. Another small hurdle to cross when the time comes.

I met a car at an unmarked intersection and did not run into it, thanks to my son! He found an overview of Swiss driving rules and emailed me the link, which I did read this weekend, when I wasn't sleeping or looking for the laundry key. In the area where my apartment is, none of the streets have stop signs, yield signs, stoplights, etc. Just four roads that come together. Thanks to Michael, I found out this is very common and you must yield to the person on the right, no matter how big your road is or how small his road is. It makes for very alert driving.

I haven't run out of food. This probably has more to do with cooking for one than anything to do with Switzerland. That could be a blog all by itself, but I'll put that one off for awhile until I know more about it! It may sound like running out of food could not happen, but I do think it is possible. I had all intentions to stop by the grocery store on my way home from work. I even drove, instead of walking. But, alas, I ended up at the office until after 7:30 (see blog #1) so ate out of the leftover containers tonight (see blog #2). It still baffles me that I managed to air ship plastic leftover containers, but not one single sweatshirt.

And, final victory of the day, I enjoyed the view from my office. Voila...

2 comments:

  1. Very nice view, Mom. Do I need to send you a Purdue sweatshirt? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine should arrive in my sea shipment...in a month. :-(

    ReplyDelete