Friday, October 21, 2011

Good News!

There is good news all around.

First and foremost, my third load of laundry is in the washing machine. Of course, this means that my Friday night social life is non-existant, plus I'm a bit worried that my fourth load won't make it through the cycle before the 10 p.m. cutoff. If you are concerned that a single woman has FOUR loads of laundry to do, don't forget that I couldn't do laundry during my alloted time last week. Even though it may sound like a dismal Friday night, it wasn't so bad. Left work early (by 5:30), came home and started the first load of laundry, poured myself a nice glass of wine (still working on the bottle I bought with my laundry detergent) and cooked dinner, and then Skyped.

Second, but even more important (although I have to say I'm pretty excited about the laundry), I got accepted for the apartment for which I applied! Woo hoo! On our way to see another apartment yesterday, my agent got a call from the owners saying I could have the flat if I wanted it. Next week, I still have to meet with the second of three sisters who own it. I think I just have to avoid swearing and spitting and I'll be confirmed. Of course, if you hear from me next week that I was eventually declined, you'll know I somehow gaffed.

I will point out that those of you who think I am high maintenance (and YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE), take notice that I got an apartment the very next day after I got here. There are people here who have been here for months and have still not found an apartment they like. The apartment is not fancy, but it had a certain coup de foudre for me. I think I'm going to love it.

Third, work has been great. I landed in the middle of a bit of a crisis issue and have been embroiled in taking over the management of that since I got here. Not the best way to meet people, but at least you meet them quickly. I'm getting to know my way around the office and even learned a pun in French yesterday. At least I'm not bored!

Fourth, I just discovered that there is a second layer to my box of chocolates!!! I thought I was almost done, but I'm not. As soon as I discovered that, I started taking the stairs up and down from the laundry room instead of riding the elevator.

Speaking of which, gotta run. Time to switch a load. A bientot.

1 comment:

  1. I must say, I'm disappointed that your Skype session with your children was only allotted three words in a paragraph mostly about laundry. Hrmph.

    ReplyDelete